Saturday, May 3, 2008

Props for Women's Conference


This was my first time ever going to W.C. and I am thrilled to make it a new tradition.  This year Tanner's cousin Starr was one of the speakers so most of the women in the family went to support her.  It was such an amazing experience to listen to all the wonderful, uplifting comments, and helpful suggestions on how we, as women, are such a great group of people and what an awesome responsibility we have to the world and to God.  I loved everything that I heard and had the hardest time choosing between the classes.  My favorite part was the closing session on Friday.  Question! How do you get over 20,000 women who are all talking at the same time to stop instantly? Have a prophet of God walk into the room.  I have never been in the same room with a prophet before and this is what I was looking forward to the most. 
As soon as Pres. Monson walked in the entire Marriot Center became quiet and then we all sang We Thank thee o God for a Prophet. It was so moving and you could feel the Spirit so much. My sister Heidi watched Hudson for me on Thursday and then my niece Nicole got to stay home from school on Friday to take care of him so Heidi could come with me. After we left she said, "I didn't get enough of that. I want to go tomorrow." I could go everyday! It was also fun being on the BYU campus and feeling like I was in college going to classes all day. We ran in to a few people I haven't seen for a long time and that was great too.  Hudson did better than I thought he would with the plane rides (but I'm kinda glad I don't have to do a five-hour plane ride to Hawaii next week like we had originally planned).  Fortunately I sat next to lots of nice, helpful people who thought he was very cute and sweet despite his noise.  And I think I'll survive after sitting on my broken tailbone for three full days. I just won't sit for a few weeks. So anyone who wants to go next year can join me and my sister. It's so worth it.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

cute hair! thanks for coming out to visit and get me to go to women's conference. It was awesome! sorry about the confusion Sat. morning, but I'm glad you made it safely home!

Bethany said...

I'd love to go to Women's Conference! Some of my girlfriends and I were talking about it last week. Then today, my friend bore her testimony about her experience and it made me want to go even more. I'm thinking I'll have to wait till 2010 though. I'm a weeny about leaving my baby:)
p.s. I love your hair!

The King Family said...

I would love to go next year. I went to "Time Out" a few years ago and LOVED it! Maybe Nicole can take the day off again to watch AJ. That would be a fun tradition to start- the new and improved Girls Getaway!

Mitzi McCoy said...

Kim, Conference sounded great. I totally got chills when you described it!

Mitzi McCoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.