
My little Huddy gets to be my shadow for a few hours every day. Its just him and I until noon and I don't know who likes that more right now. He gets to watch whatever movie he wants (
usually he starts one in the family room, then puts on another in my room, then we switch them both after about 20 min. Super fun.) He doesn't really take naps anymore so he's not so fun come 4 o'clock. In fact I call him my very own WMD. I think if he doesn't destroy something it'll just about kill him. But at 8 o'clock (when he's asleep) he becomes my favorite again. He loves learning all the songs Brynn teaches him and pretends to do his homework too. His favorite song right now is "Somebody call 911". We were in a store and someone got on the speaker and said "Sharon, Line 1". Hudson busts out singing "Somebody call 911, shorty fire burning on the dance floor, whah-oh-oh!" I had to laugh.
"Brynnie-pooh" is absolutely thriving in Kindergarten. I don't know how much I like her teacher but I love the other mom's in the class. She has a great group of kids and all the mom's seem really cool, unlike Bryson's class last year where the majority were pretty sketchy. I'm pretty sure one of the mom's is a crack-head, or at least she acts like it. Brynn loves to tell me all about school, all about her class-mates, and she loves homework. I love to hear all the kids yelling goodbye to each other every day. I don't know how she's doing with the curriculum but the social thing is ALL her!

First grade ROCKS!!! This kid came home last week and says "Did you know Van Gogh suffered from mental problems? He cut off his ear cuz his friend left and later he killed himself." Yep, I knew that, but not in 1st grade. What's your favorite van Gogh painting? "I loovvve Starry Night but my second favorite is Sunflowers." (gasp/choke/tears in my eyes) My kids' a freakin' Genius! His dad's never even heard of Vincent van Gogh and Bryson already has a favorite Impressionist artist. I love it!!! There's a special needs kid in his class named Jacob and Bryson's teacher often puts him in charge of helping. I've never heard him complain about it, even when Jacob ended up peeing his pants in the hallway when Bryson was trying to get him to NOT go in the girls' bathroom. That makes me even more proud. He lost his 5th tooth last night after much ado about nothing and was excited to look under his pillow this morning. The last time he lost a tooth our lame tooth fairy had a heck of a time remembering and we just about fired her :)
2 comments:
Love Brynnie's little finger sticking out. what a poser!
Have you played Bryson the "Starry, Starry Night" version by Josh Groban? He'd probably love it! :)
Post a Comment