Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sweet baby J

     My sweet little guy is almost 3 months old already and I haven't posted anything about him:( I guess I am a little busy these days.  Jameson is the Sun, Moon and Stars for us right now. He is a very sweet baby just like Sketty was and it has made all the difference. I've decided I just really love having happy babies, as opposed to ones that scream all the time:-) He loves to sleep and often prefers to be put in his bassinet rather than being rocked to sleep. LOVE that!!!  He has great naps during the day and sleeps mostly through the night. Jameson has a very relaxed personality and I'm hoping it stays. We lucked out with Sketty and I see a lot of similar behavior in JJ.
    The big kids are at that age where they feel it a burden to have to help with the baby and often they'll make a big deal when I ask them to hold him. Hudson, on the other hand, is uber eager to get his hands dirty. He's always holding him, kissing him, asking where he is, getting him out of bed when he's supposed to be napping, etc.  He loves his baby brothers sooooo much. The second he thinks he hears one of the little boys he jets off to get them out of their cribs. A little too helpful maybe. But the little guys totally love him and it really is nice to have him help.
     Stetson loves him too. About every 5 minutes or so he'll say "Mom? Where JJ?" He always has to know where JJ is. When we changed his name we starting calling him Baby J and Sketty came up with JJ. He does call him Baby J too and the other kids call him JJ or Jaymo. I read an article about kids nicknames and how important they are to a child's sense of identity. I think our kids all have great nicknames that aren't weird or silly, or ones that they'll hate when they get older.
    Jameson is such a happy little guy who is so loved in this family. He has a perfectly round, bald head and fat cheeks with a double chin. He is all soft and squishy now and so delicious. I could literally eat him up! To echo Hudson, "I. Just. Can't. Stop. Kissing. Him!!!"


These pictures were taken right at 2 months. I wish I would have figured out how to make the onesies about a month earlier. Maybe I can still make a 1 month onesie and tweak the picture in photoshop:)  If not he'll just have months 2-12. That will be kinda weird though...



Just a random picture of him. J fell asleep while I was busy doing something.


These next pictures were all taken at 2 1/2 months. Its amazing how different he looks just in two weeks






Jameson at 6 weeks:
     11.5 lbs
     napping 3-4 hours at a time
     sleeping from 10 or 11 pm-3 or 4 am
     started smiling
     holding his head up
     not taking a pacifier anymore:-(

Baby J at 2 months:
     12.8 lbs and 24 in. long
     sleeping roughly 8 hours at night
     one long 4 hour nap in the afternoon
     rolling over front to back
     rolling back to front almost all the way
     cooing and smiling all the time
     starting to giggle/chuckle

1 comment:

The King Family said...

He sure is a cutie- can't wait to love on Baby J too!