This is a typical conversation with Brynn. (And I promise I am not making any of this up)
Brynn: Mommy I love you. I can't wait to go outside. Even when you were a kid you played with Uncle Jeff, right. Oh, the planetarium is going to be so fun. I loved that pumpkin bread from the bread store.
Me: Maybe we can get some bananas to make Banana Bread.
Brynn: Hey we have pajamas!
Me: No, I said BANANAS!
Brynn: Well, we do have pajamas! Mommyguesswhat! (She makes it all one word) I brought my pink bear. I love you Mommy. Hudson hit me earlier when you weren't looking and it really really hurts. Can I have something to eat? Mommy I love you.
Me: I love you too.
Brynn: Mommyguesswhat! Bla bla bla... (another 45 minutes of this type of random thought process)
Me: Okay Brynn, I think you should rest your mouth because your voice is going to get tired.
Brynn: No, it doesn't feel tired.
Me: Well my ears are tired.
Sometimes I think I'm such a terrible mother for being so annoyed with these types of conversations and I really shouldn't tune her out so much. But then I realize that any sane person would probably do the same after HOURS of rambling thinking out loud with no apparent logic. Sometimes I give such a rote response that it doesn't make sense to her (because I haven't been paying attention to what she's been saying) and she'll call me out. But here are a few things I absolutely love about her.
1. No one can snuggle quite like Brynn can
2. She is the best little cleaner and always volunteers to help me.
3. Even when I think she has totally tuned ME out she says stuff that lets me know she really does pay attention, even when she is bouncing off the wall.
4. She will be a great big sister, just not to Hudson!
5. The girl's got MOXIE! Tanner calls it attitude, but I like to think its spunk!
2 comments:
Michele saved some of the letters you wrote her on her mission - they sound just like Brynn - like Mother, like Daughter! She is definitly one of a kind!
I was going to say that I remember listening to you talk in a stream of thought when you were younger. Yep, I have letters to prove it too! Sorry, what comes around goes around. I like Jon Mayer's words, "say what you need to say!"
Post a Comment