Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Days gone by
Today I dropped off the firstling of my flock. From now on I am the mother of school kids. No longer do I get to run errands whenever I can, to leave town whenever I want. Now I have to keep a schedule, make sure my kid gets to school on time. Bryson is officially a big boy, off to kindergarten and the beginning of a wonderful career of learning for the next 12 years and more. I having been anticipating this for a long time, not because I couldn't wait for him to be out of my hair but because I knew he would love it. I loved school and I still love learning and Bryson has inherited that from me. For the last week he has been waking up and asking "Mom, do I get to go to school today?" Last night he was a bit nervous and emotional and had a hard time going to bed. Today he was fine, super excited to pack his backpack. I thought school started at 12:30 and began to get nervous when we walked in and it was fairly emptied. All these months I've been worried about getting to school late on the first day of school and we end up being 30 minutes early. Fortunately his friend from church was there. As soon as Bryson saw Hunter he dropped his bag and ran outside as he called over his shoulder "See ya, Mom!" So there goes my little boy, off to play with people who are more exciting than his mother. Now I have to hear my poor little girl say, "What am I gonna do all day? I have no one to play with!" Never fear Brynnie Girl, I have lots of plans for us. 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
congratulations Bryson! You are going to have so much fun in school!
Bryson you are going to love Kindergarten and you are going to LOVE Rollan Melton!
Your little boy sure is growing up! Crazy how time flies.
I know how hard it is to realize you now have a child in school!! He will love it and every day will come home with something new - sometimes good stuff, sometimes not! The adventure is just beginning - love you all!
I can't believe that Bryson and Lea and Mallory are old enough to go to school. Bryson looks so much like he did when we left that it dosen't seem like he is that old. We really miss you guys and am so glad I started blogging so we can keep in touch more.
Post a Comment