Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Social Observations...

Yesterday at the park on the way home from school we stopped to play and these are two conversations I heard and/or partook in.  

#1 between myself and a little boy of 6:
Me: Do you live close to this park
Zack: No, I just live right over there
Me: Who are you here with
Zack: My Grandpa. That's him over there. He's super old. He's really having a hard time walking. He's about to die.
Me: Really! He doesn't look that old. He looks like he's pretty healthy. 
Zack: Yeah, well he's really old.

(If I had to guess I would say the grandpa was maybe 70. Pretty close to dying though.)

#2 between two girls about 7 referring to Brynn:
Girl 1: Oh, my gosh, look at how cute this little girl is. 
Girl 2: Yeah, she's cute I guess.
Girl 1: Oh no, she's SOOO cute. She's way cuter than me.
Girl 2: I think you're both cute. 
Girl 1: No, she's cuter, just look at her hair. And I love her Roxy shirt. She's darling.
Girl 2: mmm hmm
Girl 1: I just wish I was that cute

(keep in mind Girl 1 was adorable. I'm pretty sure the point of her gushing was to get her friend to appraise her.)

No comments: