Monday, October 13, 2008

My God! How Great Thou Art

We haven't been camping at all this year so we decided to swing on down to Yosemite -probably one of my favorite places-for a real quick trip. We got there Friday afternoon and after setting up the trailer we went for a bike ride (not ONE of us had a bike so we all got new ones). Hudson fell asleep immediately but we kept going till we got to the meadow and it was a total BLIZZARD. Yes, we knew it was freezing but it was sunny when we got there.  After our short bike ride we cranked up the heat in the trailer and spent the rest of the night playing games. On Saturday we rode around the valley for about 4 hours and the kids all had a blast. We hiked to Yosemite falls (too bad there wasn't even a trickle), went to the Indian village, the Store, saw some deer and bucks up close and personal, and went to Awahnee Hotel. It is soooo beautiful there. I am truly amazed that there are people in the world who look around themselves and cannot see anything that denotes a God. I look at all the beautiful places I have been blessed to visit and I see that my Heavenly Father loves us so much to give us such extraordinary scenery and such majestic landscapes. Aside from the major blessings of my beautiful children and wonderful husband, I am so blessed to live so close to all these beautiful places and have the freedoms to explore them, and a healthy body which allows me to appreciate all that I can do.

Hudson-just about at his breaking point when we pulled up
If you can't tell he's totally asleep. I got to ride with one hand everywhere while I held him up with the other.
Saturday morning -- beautiful but still FREEZING!!!
Half Dome
"I'm COMING!" --he's kind of a straggler, HAD to stop and climb over EVERY SINGLE rock on or off the path. Why go around when you can go over? That's totally lame!
I told the kids about a cave that I had gone through the last time I was here (with the Biology class as a Senior in HS) and after pointing him in the general area Bryson happened upon it. What a memory! 
Just chillin' on a huge rock
In a teepee in the Indian Village
They don't even care how close you get--so tame!
Too cute with all their little red noses
Brynn was bummed because Tanner and Bryson left her to go on a fast bike ride and she had to stay with boring me (if you don't know Brynn very well she is the laziest little stinker in the WORLD)

Bryson and Brynn playing in the creek bed

That's a doe just a few feet away from us

Yosemite Falls

"Hey look what I can do with pretzels!"

Eating probably the BEST tri-tip ever in the trailer




4 comments:

mom/oma said...

Great pictures - looks like a super fun trip! And I agree - all you have to do is look around and see the variety and beauty of nature to know there is a God!!

The King Family said...

Such CUTE pictures! Your kids are so dang photogenic. Looks like so much fun, even if it was freezing most or all the time.

Michele said...

I'm inspired by this post. I've only been to Yosemite once when I was about 10 so I think I'd like to try this with my own family next summer. Probably a long overdue trip to one of the most beautiful places in Cali. Thanks.

Kimmy said...

What a fun family trip. It's beautiful in Yosemite. I loved going there as a child every year to camp and living so close we haven't taken our kids there. The last 3 pictures are precious!