because I lie to them . . . all the time!
Bryson: Hey Mom my tooth is making this squishy sound when I wiggle it.
Me: Cool! Lets pull it out.
Bryson: K, but I get to do it. I don't want you to touch it. I just know you're gonna try and yank it out.
Me: I won't. Promise.
(I tie the floss around his tooth and we wait patiently while Bryson tries a dozen wimpy tries at pulling his tooth out, using every excuse in the book and even making us turn around so we weren't watching.)
Me: K we're getting bored here buddy, let me try just once and if it doesn't come out we'll leave it alone.
Bryson (grabbing the floss): Nooo! I don't trust you. I know you're going to pull it.
Me: No I won't I'm just going to untie the floss from your tooth (grab his hand and yank. Out pops the tooth and lands in my lap while Bryson hollers at me.)
Bryson: MOOOMMMM! I knew you were going to do that! UGHHHH!
Me: But look, I got it!
Bryson: Oh . . . hey that's COOL.
See, my kids should just listen to me the first time and I wouldn't have to lie to them all the time. We have pretty much the same conversations every night at dinner, usually with Brynn about whether the food is good or not. She still doesn't trust that I'm a good cook.
I also really don't like the tooth losing stage because they go from such cute little kids to major-gomer-pile-hick-looking-not-so-cute-kids. But because I'm his mother I still think he's cute, even if he is funny looking.
No comments:
Post a Comment