Sunday, May 8, 2011

Race for the Cure


Yesterday was my very first Race for the Cure 5K. Sueanne's done it for 4 years now and since one of the cousins just went through breast cancer this past fall I thought it would be great to support the cause. There was a record breaking 25,000 people who felt the same way. I loved all the costumes and the group names and slogans. Next year I'll take my whole family.


Subway promoting their 6' sandwiches

Saw this similar scene a lot

These boys dressed up in all pink.
Their shirts said things like:
Real or Fake - Boobs are Great
and
Big or Small - We like Them all


There were tons of kids walking with their families, like this little girl.

Another of my favorite shirts was from an ultrasound group:
We check your lady lumps for bumps



Sweetness slept all the way through it and woke up at the finish line



1 comment:

The King Family said...

I've thought about doing this walk before too- it is for a great cause. Love all the t-shirt quotes too! Maybe you need to let Heidi know what "second base" is though!