Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lucky the Kitty



Tuesday I went visiting teaching after dropping off Hudson at preschool.
When I came home I was working in the garage with the door closed and I heard a weird noise.
When I got out at preschool I heard the same noise and thought it must have been a weird bird and Miss Cindy must have them at her house too.
Back at our house I turned off the car and still heard the noise. It was raining pretty hard so it was difficult to localize the sound. Eventually Hudson and I started looking around the car and finally down by the wheel well.
What should I see but a little tiny kitty looking at me.
So I popped the hood and pulled a kitten out of my engine!
I know he drove with me at least to preschool and back but I don't know when or where he got in there. He is lucky he didn't fall out while I was driving or get stuck in a belt or something.
We kept him for a night and after peeing on a few things we found a good home for him.

All the kids loved having the little furball for 2 days and were sad to see him go.
I thought Hud was gonna start tearing up when I found her-- he could hardly stand it.
They oohed and awed over everything the kitty did.
Kids are so sweet with small helpless animals.




1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh! So cute and SO LUCKY (that little kitty). I would have kept that cat. Looks exactly like my first cat (growing up). I'm a sucker for kittens...don't you remember? Did I even tell you about that kitten running around on the overpass in AZ we drove by? I pretty much cried my eyes out knowing that someone just dropped it off to die. I still wish to this day that my reflexes were faster and I stopped to pick that poor kitten up. So sad.