After taking the kids to the dentist they were going through their swag bags and Hudson yells out "Oh yea! They gave me gentle floss!"
Hudson's milk sensitivity has come back full force since he's been on allergy meds and often he is uncomfortable with "stummy cakes".
Brynn asked me one night if it was 5:30. When I said 'no' she said "well then, what o'clock is it?"
Brynn and I were talking about things she could do/be when she grows up. She said "Well, you know how you don't do anything all day? I think I just wanna do that. I'll just be a mom and marry someone like Dad and then I can stay home and do nothing all day."
Easter morning I made some cinnamon rolls. While they were baking Hudson ran into the kitchen and yelled "Oh. My. Gosh! What am I smelling?!"
Hudson comes up with every excuse you can think of to get out of bed every night. His latest one: "I think I just have to stay out here with you guys for a while. Every time I go back to bed my belly starts hurting. I don't know why! Its so weird."
Now that the baby is walking around furniture he gets into a lot of stuff. Often I'll hear Hudson tell him "No, Sketty that's dangerous. You're making me soooo nervous/you're freaking me out here dude."
Bryson cleaned the kitchen with me one day and an hour later it was time to eat. Once he saw
the messy kitchen he said "Holy Cow! You guys make the biggest mess! Do you know how long it took me to clean this place?"
I was trying to coax Stetson into eating bananas once and he was not having anything to do with it. Brynn said "Well, Mom, you gag when you eat bananas so you shouldn't force him to either."
When the news was covering Bin Laden I had an opportunity to give a little history lesson to the kids. I would give them a few details about 911 and Bryson would say "Okay, What else?" After about an hour of this I had thoroughly cleaned out my memory bank and nothing else to offer. So he said, "Alright, I'll just have to look it up on the internet."
We went to the school's Spring Fling and Tanner ran into some girls that he had gone to high school with. They were all very . . . friendly! Later I was laughing about Tan being a 'Ladies Man' and how they were all hitting on him. Hudson asked "Dad, why were they all smacking you?"
When we found that kitty I told Hudson we should try to feed him some milk and he said "Wait, from your boob?!"
Whenever Bryson has a baseball game he asks "Who are we versing?"
Hudson was a having a bad day and came up to us and said "Ughhhh, I need a coke soooo bad!"
When we were counting down the days till summer vacation Hudson got confused about Sundays. When I told him we still had to do chores and got to church and stuff he started tearing up and said "How come we never get to have summer vacation from church?"
Every time Brynn says family prayer at night she prays that they will all go to sleep and never wake up!
6 comments:
Those are soooo... funny - very cute kids! Do you ever hear yourself in the things they say??? hmmmm...
Wow, those are some REALLY good ones. My favs...of course Brynn's "do nothing all day" one, and Hudson's bedtime excuses. Our kids are crazy, but they're so much fun!
I'm glad you didn't try to nurse the kitty from your boob. His teeth would probably hurt! But remember when our gray cat Boots used to "nurse" on everyone that held him. Maybe Lucky would have liked it!
So funny. I love that you do nothing all day too. can I have that job too?:)LOL. Kids perspectives are great. You are going to have so much fun reading these when the kids are older. They are pretty dang cute.
I think I just peed my pants...your kids are so funny. I love that you document these moments. I think kids say the funniest things. You've inspired me to pay more attention and listen for these moments from my boys. ;0) By the way, it was so fun to spend the little time we could at Fairytale Town. I wish I had more time to spend with you.
I definitely laughed out loud when I read some of these. Your kids are so cute! :)
Post a Comment