Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sweet Sketty-18 Months!!!


Well our little Angel Baby is a big 18 months now. A little less of an angel but still pretty 
fun. He's definitely got his personality and it is really fun to see - most of
the time. He feels very independent so when his siblings try to do everything for him 
(which they do) he has no choice but to scream. It drives me nuts. 
Fortunately this is about his only quality that we dislike right now. When he's in a bad mood its
pretty comical and he has FABulous grumpy faces!
Most of the time he is happy though and his expressions are more and more animated.
When he gets really, REALLY excited he has an ear-piercing scream. Its awesome.
 (look at how solid he is. he's my little beef steak)

He went in for his first round of shots (actually my kids only get one shot at a time so it wasn't really a 'round') last week and he weighs 30.5 lbs (95%) and is 35" tall (98%). 
So basically, he's huge!
We call him our baby elephant. He's bigger than most of the 3 year olds in nursery. 
He's wearing 3T tops and 2T pants (but they are getting short and snug). His feet are ginormous and he wears a size 7 shoe. He is super solid and I have a good feeling he's 
gonna end up looking just like Tanner and Bryson. Hudson and Brynn have more similar
body shapes. We'll see how the next baby comes out. 
(some items of clothes just can't make it through 3 or more boys)

At 16 months he got four molars and I think he's just about to cut his canines.
He sleeps through the night most of the time - although he is quite a talker in his sleep.
Sometimes its really cute (like when he's giggling or yelling at the dog), other times its not.
He's very punctual with his naps and we love that we can just dump him and walk away. 
It's fantastic. I still get lots of time to snuggle him all day but I don't have to spend hours 
trying to get him to sleep. He loves to sleep! When he sees his bottle he gets super excited and runs to get his fuzzy, then meets me on the couch all giddy and silly. 

 He won't sit still for story-time yet but he can make a mean mess of the book shelf in 5 seconds or less

 The past couple of weekends we have been clearing out a bunch of weeds and junk in the back yard. He loves to wander around the yard with dog in tow and he'll spend almost the whole day out there. He is truly a boy that way.

 
 He is quite literally obsessed with the vacuum. ALL. DAY. LONG he gets it out of the closet and pushes it around the house, ramming it into anyone or anything in his path. Occasionally we have to hide it in the garage for our own sanity.

He loves his Maximus! 
Every morning after his bottle we go let Max out of his crate and run to the back door.  He always wants to let him in and wrestle with him and most of the time he's not too rough. There's just something about little boys and their little dogs. 
 

Hudson got this little table for his birthday but Sketty commandeered it for his stool.  He carries it all over the place and uses it to get into lots of stuff he's not supposed to. We'll be hiding this soon too.

 He has a fascination with Tanner's shoe rack. For some reason he cannot STAND having the shoes neatly put away. And I swear he has radar for when I've just organized them all. Once he dumps the shoes all over my closet he walks away and never goes back until I've picked them all up again. Its quite maddening, actually, for someone who loves order.

 Sketty has recently taken to coloring himself. I usually know if he's really quiet for a few minutes he's hiding somewhere doing something sneaky. It usually involves a pen. Or scissors. Fortunately he hasn't colored on the walls or carpet, or cut his hair . . . . . yet . . . .

 He loves movie night with the big kids. Popcorn is one of his all time faves. He doesn't last long but he likes being included with them, even for just a few minutes.

 Major shoe fetish over here. Major!!! It's no surprise given his father's rare love of shoes. Sketty will happily slip into any shoe, no matter the size or type, and take a spin around the house or yard. He especially loves boots. The bigger the better!

 I find little chubby guys in tight pajamas absolutely irresistible. I would have him in jammies all day if my husband would let me. I don't see the point of getting dressed in uncomfortable clothes if you have no plans to leave the house (wait, that's mostly for me, I don't think the kids care).  When this poor baby stretches out he is almost touching at each end.


Holy Whiteness!!! This kid needs some sun! I have no doubt he'll get a shade darker in the next few months with as much as he loves being outside. I just don't think it'll be much more than a shade, maybe two. Sadly, he has the lily white skin of my other boys.

Here's what Sketty can say now:

"No! NO! NO!" with waving hand. He is the dog nazi. Anywhere we go if we hear dogs barking he is yelling at them to stop.

"Nigh, Nigh" He likes to run around the kids rooms and tuck them in with us and tell them good night.

When he sees something exciting he yells "Whoa!" (usually when the Hunting Channel is on)

Changing his diaper, he usually says "Sick! Sick!" or "Stink-Y!"

Anytime someone walks in from the garage, even if it was just to go out for a second, he says "Hey, Dad!"

We live on one side of the freeway, Grandma lives on the other side. I have to cross over the freeway to go E-bound. Every. single. time. Stetson starts yelling "NO MOM!" He loves driving to Grandma's to see all the horses.

When I'm cooking or eating he'll come up to me and very animatedly say "Mmmmm, Mmmmm"

If he looks like he's doing his business and we ask him if he has caca he says "Um... nooo" and turns around so we can't see him/he can't see us.

When he's done eating he'll do one clean sweep and wipe everything from his high chair to the floor and then yell "I-nall-done". I'm trying to make him understand he doesn't have to wipe everything to the floor to signal he's done eating.

He can say Hudson and Sissa, Mom and Dad. Bryson and the dog get called Hudson as well.

My text alert sounds like a train whistle. Every time I get a text he'll get my phone for me and say "Choo, Choo, Choo!"

Many times during the day I hear him yelling "Uh ooh!" which is usually followed by something that sounds like "Oh, shoot!". He also likes to gasp really loud or go "Uggghhhh!" with his hands clenched.

He has great horse and cow sounds. His kitty sound is kind of a whiney voice accompanied by a strange expression. I haven't figured out his other animal noises.

He says "hot" and "ow". When something's cold its "brrrr!". If you sneeze or cough or choke he'll say "Hat-choo!" and if you blow your nose he says "ewwww". When he's not supposed to touch something he says "dan-GER".

There are a few more things that he does with the same inflection and tone each time. Its not really words but we all seem to know what he wants. He can understand us really well and is very good at following directions.

He's so much fun at this stage and we love seeing the new things he's learning everyday. I will say he'll probably be really happy when the baby comes and all the unwanted attention is diverted from him a little.

No comments: