Monday, April 23, 2012

My First Wedding


I few weekends ago I shot my first wedding!
The sad thing is that the lighting was HORRIBLE! I knew it was going to be bad going into 
it but it was worse than I expected (or, my skills are less than what I thought).
It was at a Stake Center, in the foyer, at 8 pm on a stormy Saturday. 
Bad, bad, bad, and more bad. 

Fortunately it wasn't either of their first marriages so I hope they won't be too 
disappointed. It was soooo dark, and most of the pictures 
are super grainy.  I've never really cared about flash before but now I realize if
I'm going to ever do another wedding I better get a good one.





















So you can see I didn't have much to work with. Brad and Tessa looked great; I don't mean they weren't good to work with. The surrounding area and light was tough. I took the bridals upstairs in the Primary room with blue walls and Happy Birthday banners, stacks of chairs, a few tables, and a piano in the room. To make it worse the foyer is two-story, so the already-too-dim-lights were just too far away. 
Aaaagh! Oh well, you gotta learn from all kinds of experiences. Next time I'll make sure I wear comfortable shoes and a skirt that I can actually move in.


No comments: