We went to Lake Tahoe again this year for family reunion. It was supposed to be every other year but my parents decided it was worth it to get together every summer. There weren't too many complaints:-)
I went up with all the kids on Tuesday and Tanner met us up there on Wednesday. That explains the lack of pictures for the first two days. 5 kids on my own keeps me pretty busy and I didn't even get nearly enough time on the beach as I would have liked.
Thursday we took the family on a little hike that we discovered last year, Angora Lakes. Its kind of little known and you have to get directions from someone because there are no street signs directing you. But its worth the trek because it is just beautiful up there.
Some of our group rented paddle boards and every had a great time on them
"Dora" with baby J. All the girls are pretty good at sharing one baby. Someone needs to have twins though.
Hudson is usually great about sharing his food. Tristin was quick to ask for a bite of his ice cream.
Oh look who finally made it into the water after 3 days!
The only other name besides Hudson that Sketty can say. He calls her "Tee-Yah!"
Boys will be boys. Nate and B were punching each other with life vests on and of course Sketty had to try it too.
Oh to be a teenager again and lay on the beach without having to watch or take care of anyone...
B loves paddle boarding. He's only done it twice but really, really wants his dad to buy him one.
Back at the Homestead:
Love that determination!!!
This is how it went: Brynn spent about 15 minutes cleaning out the boat until there was not one speck of sand left in it. Sketty watched her from afar but never helped. She finished cleaning it and then walked away. As soon as she wasn't looking he ran over and grabbed the biggest bucket he could find and proceeded to fill the boat with sand. She was not happy when she returned.
He's such a gomer:-) I have found myself lately feeling bad for people who choose not to have children. They will never understand the joy of having a live-in comedian to entertain you with every thing they do. Sketty doesn't even talk and yet we are constantly delighted with all the silly things he does. He's pretty fun to have around.
Burying my boys. Sketty didn't last long.
Our last day there was pretty windy and the lake was like an ocean. These girls were body surfing and loving it.
I love the imagination of little boys. I didn't bother to interrupt them in their game but I'm pretty sure the boat was their fortress and the sand was utter peril.
Gotta start him young liking the beach. He had some fantastic naps with the wind and the waves lulling him to sleep. I would have loved to get a nap on the beach.
1 comment:
love the pictures AND the comments!
Post a Comment