Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Surprise!




Tanner felt he needed to one-up me so for my birthday he planned a surprise trip to Seattle, where he served his mission 10 years ago. We have always talked about going back to visit but just haven't ever gotten around to it.  We really enjoyed a few days to ourselves (thanks to Connie and Amy G. for watching the kids for us).  Although it rained most of the time I really enjoyed it since I haven't been around moisture for 8 years.  There are a few things I really miss living in the desert. We were able to visit the family of a missionary serving in our ward--Tanner actually served in their ward 11 years ago-- and when they found out it was my birthday they had us over for dinner and made me a cake.  One of the things I really wanted to do was drive over to the coast so I could get a visual of where the Twilight series takes place and hopefully see some filming but I felt like a dork asking Tanner to do that.  Maybe next time.  We did make it to Pike's Market in downtown and then to the Seattle Temple. Washington really is beautiful and I miss that kind of color here in Nevada.

No comments: