I finally double french braided her hair last
A cut new bob that will help with
the rats nest in the mornings(hopefully)
In January we found out that the daughter-in-law of a family in our ward was diagnosed with cancer. She was about 6 mo. pregnant with her first child. The doctors took the baby early and she is now out of the hospital and doing very well. Sadly the mom, Erika Hicks, died a month ago from complications with everything. My kids have been very worried ever since we found out about her cancer in January. They have prayed for Erika and been very concerned for the baby. When we heard that Erika had died so suddenly Bryson and Brynn were very sad and worried about who would be the baby's mommy. Yesterday we were talking about being safe around cars so that you don't get hit by one. Brynn mentioned that if you get hit you die. Then she said "Well then I would get to go see Heavenly Father. I love Him! I miss Him so much. I want to die so I can go be with Him." I explained that we would all be very sad if she died and we would miss her very much. She replied, "Yeah, well I would be with Sis. Hicks though. And that would not be sad." She looked at me funny when she saw the tears in my eyes. Sometimes children can be so sensitive and thoughtful. How grateful I am to have such sweet children who are beginning to understand Heavenly Father's plan and have complete faith that He exists and that everything we've taught them is true. I am equally as grateful for the knowledge and testimony that I have that allows me to explain to them why sad things happen in life.
3 comments:
What a sweet little girl. I would have cried too, how mature of her. We sure are lucky to have the gospel in this crazy life:)
She is so sweet. But I cried just reading that, so I can imagine how you felt when Brynn made that comment. I love it that you have a blog to share things like that now!
It is so wonderful that there is no fear of death and they look forward to a reunion with their Heavenly Father - let's just wait about 60 more years! And bless you for teaching them these principles! I was just thinking about Brynn's hair this week - it is so cute!
Post a Comment