Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First try at a Tri

For two years now I have heard of the Lake of the Pines Triathlon and have been wanting to do it. The first year I was pregnant and last year after I began training I developed a weird inner ear thing and had to quit swimming. So this year Sueanne and I were planning on hiking Mt. Shasta but about a month ago that fell through. So I convinced her to do this triathlon. There's a short, medium, and long race. We did the medium one which was a .6 mile swim, 5.5 mile bike, and 3.8 mile run. Friday night at the motel I didn't sleep five minutes the entire night so I got up with a major sore throat. I wasn't nervous until I saw how far apart the buoys were in the water. But the swim was much easier than I thought it would be. I felt really good passing a lot of men who had begun two minutes before the women. The bike was fine until the last hill kicked my but. And the run wasn't as bad as I thought. My goal was to beat an hour and 30 minutes. My final time was 1:26:58. Not bad for only three weeks of training! I had a great time and I'll probably do it again next year.
Brynn and Bryson snuggling in the hotel room

Finishing the bike portion
The Finish Line!!!
The other women from Reno who did the short race

Why am I the only one who looks like I had fun?!

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Wow! I am so impressed! Looks like you had fun!

The King Family said...

That's so awesome Kimber! Feels good to accomplish your goal ahead of time, huh?! Glad you had a good experience. . .

Heather said...

That is awesome Kim - you inspire me. Maybe I'll try that someday!!

Anonymous said...

You cease to amaze me! The medium race, wow!!! And you look like a million bucks, BTW! Way to go!

{owens} said...

Hey, I'm training for the same length of a mini tri. It will be in October in St. George. I'm so thrilled. It's my first one! We're excited.