Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Hunt 08

We finally pulled off our Halloween Hunt this year (we've been wanting to do it for years).  The object was for the planning couple to remain anonymous and send out all contacts and info via a secret email account from Jack Ripper.  Everyone automatically thought it was me - I'll take that as a compliment but obviously my friends don't know me very well because I am not that creative. I'm REALLY good at copying and tweaking a bit.  Plus I had help from some other very creative planners.  30 people showed up--4 teams of 6 or 8 people.  From our meeting place the pit stops were:  Go to Scheels and find one of the 14 statues of past presidents for your clue;  go to a pizza parlor and eat 1 slice of a ridiculously hot spicy pizza (some threw up, some thought their throats were on fire, all are still feeling it today); go to a bowling alley and bowl a 60 before you can get your clue (we won't mention how retardedly bad I did); go out into a pitch black pumpkin patch and find your team's pumpkin and then smash it to get your clue out; meet at the GSR and ride the Ultimate Rush (a freefall swing -- like bunging jumping).

Cracking open our pumpkin and getting our clue....can you tell Ryan's a doctor?
We had to find Calvin Coolidge out of 14 pres. in a 300,000 sq. ft. store
The whole group...note Napolean and Pedro 
The Black Widows -- some of the teams fell apart at the last minute so we had to combine a few groups.  We got the Mendiolas and the Dobbs


Lucky me, no one in Sherri's group would go with her so they nominated me and sent me through the gate. Pretty scary but SOOOO fun. It's hard to scream when you are flying, or falling, at a 90 degree angle from like 100 stories high. 

Everyone had SSOOO much fun and we had such a blast seeing all our planning really pay off. Everyone there was so awesome, all the people who helped us with our pit stops were so accomodating, and we just had one heck of a night. We can't wait to do it again. And next time....WAY HARDER!!!  BTW my team won first place!!

7 comments:

The King Family said...

That looks like so much fun! It's so great to have a good group of friends to do things with like that.

Bethany said...

That sounds like a lot of fun but those are things I wait to get invited to b/c I would have no clue where to begin. I can handle Murder Mystery dinners, etc. but this would take so much preparation. BTW, I think you're being too modest b/c I know you're creative enough to do something like this on your own.

Can't wait to see the kiddos in there costumes:)

smithsonthemove said...

Wow Kim - you really went the extra mile. It sounds like you all had so much fun! Wish we could of been there. Matt and I were laughing so hard at Claudia and Dallin. What great sports. You look so good!! We miss you guys!

Sheri Willardson said...

Hey Kim, I clicked on your blog through Allison's, and I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this Halloween Hunt. It was so much fun!! We can't wait for next year! :) And I am glad you were there to hear me scream as we were flying through the air. If you would like to check out my blog, you will have to email me(mine is private). tswillardson@yahoo.com I have a few pictures on of the Halloween hunt too. You are a sweet heart! :) Thanks again.

4msrock said...

Thanks for the good time! It's great to have good friends!
Mendiola's

Kimmy said...

What a creative idea! It looks like you all had a great time!

Kathy D said...

You are seriously the coolest party planners EVER! We were proud to be on the winning team!