Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode to my Oldest

Yesterday was my Bryson's 6th birthday!  I cannot believe I have a child that old.  In some ways it feels like yesterday that he was born but in other ways it seems much longer than 6 years. Bryson is the typical first child in so many ways and we are the typical first time parents who have screwed up so many things on him. Fortunately he doesn't seem to hold anything against us. . . yet.  I feel so blessed to be his mother and I know he was sent to our family first because of his nature and personality.  I love him so much and I'm so proud of him because:

- he is a wonderful brother and helper
- he is incredibly intelligent and has a memory like an elephant
- he loves babies and pregnant women
- he has the most contagious, beautiful laugh
- he has the face of an angel
- he is all boy
- he has an amazing knowledge of the gospel already
- he cried last night that the kids who didn't get invited to his party would be sad
- he has the maturity to understand his emotions and tries hard to keep them under control
- he is not afraid to cry at a sad movie
- he is tender and rough-and-tumble at the same time
- he tells me and Brynn we're beautiful and when he tells me he loves me he holds nothing back
- he is my firstborn (and they always have a special place in a mother's heart)

(we didn't get a digital camera till Bryson was 18 months old and I don't know how to scan photos, so we'll start with him at a year and half)

What a cute little cowboy

His good friend Sydney and Brynn

almost 3


3rd birthday 


6 years old!!!

He loved his great-uncle Shane's archery range so G & G went in with us to buy him his own bow and arrow set

Its a 20 lb. compound bow but the draw is a little tough for him right now

With his mom and grandma being such skilled marksman he should be pretty good (mine is all in my head but Gr. Connie really was a champion archer in Arizona)


I guess we forgot to tell Hudson it wasn't his birthday


1 comment:

Bethany said...

Don't be afraid till you have a 8-year- old! That's what I think is too old. Two more years till then. Happy Birthday to Bryson!