
I had heard some buzz about this movie for some time and decided to try it out this weekend. Tanner figured he'd get a good nap in, like he usually does when we "watch movies together". This was an excellent film, yet heartbreaking at best. I was bawling by the end.
These two little boys did such a great job and I love how the mother was portrayed.
I think I might even pick up the book since books are usually better than the movies.
Spoiler alert: This is not a pick me up. When its over you may feel depressed.
Set in WWII, one little boy is in a concentration camp and is befriended by the son of a Nazi commander. So as you can guess, not very good conditions for building a lasting friendship.
I had to turn on the Michael J. Fox documentary on Optimism afterward.
Found out some pretty cool facts on the country of Butan.
Might move there someday.
Probly not . . . its in the shadow of Mt. Everest.
But I felt a little better after that one.
1 comment:
I've wondered about seeing that movie - I'm afraid it would be too heartbreaking and now I'm sure I'm not gonna see it!! The new "Night At the Museum" is about my speed lately - nothing serious or depressing!!
Post a Comment