I had my post-op appt. today and found out what was so "nasty" about my gall bladder. Dr. Chu said because I was jso relaxed on surgery day she was not expecting anything big. When she got in there though my gall bladder was 3x the size she was expecting, thick, puss-y, and obviously infected. Normally they send it to the pathology lab and they run a few tests. Apparently the lab techs were intrigued and counted my gall stones. Drum roll please . . . . . . . over 60 ladies and gentlemen!!! I don't know if that's a record or not but it makes me proud:-) She said I have obviously been dealing with this problem a very long time.
Here's some things I know/found out:
*Vicodin makes me nauseous. Percocet makes me delirious and Lortab makes me vomit
*I will never be a drug addict
*I can go 4 days without eating, then vomit, then live off a sleeve of soda crackers for the next 3 days and still not lose a pound. This makes me angry inside and/or cursed
*my husband is a very good, strict caretaker/giver
*flushing the toilet requires a lot more abs than you think (in fact just about everything does)
*I never want to have a C-section
*I'm more addicted to vacuuming than I thought. I had to get my fix a few days after surgery
*My kids miss snuggling me and sitting on my lap. A. LOT.
*Don't watch funny shows like "Four Christmases" the day after abdominal surgery.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you are okay! Your gallbladder was all "Go big or go home!" Also, can you hurry and move here. Life isn't as rad when I can't hold your kids and eat out of your pantry and laugh with you guys. So hurry!
I am glad you are ok. Sorry we haven't hooked up yet. I need to call you!
How in the world did you get over 60 gall stones?! That's just crazy, but hopefully this will leave you feeling MUCH better in the near future!
You're a pretty tought chick ...you could EASILY handle a C-section Kim. Glad that's over for you:) I'll have to call you to chat and see when you're coming here. I hope you heal quick!
ok, you win! i don't even want to try to beat that rock record!
Post a Comment