Thursday, May 14, 2009

All Dogs go to Heaven!!!

Eight years ago we stopped by a shelter and found the most adorable little puppy.  He had just been picked up that day and was not available for adoption for two weeks.  I fell in love with him and made sure my husband didn't forget about him.  Two weeks later I came home from night school and there was my little puppy waiting for me on the couch.  Four months later we spent almost $2,000 to have his hip replaced after being hit by a truck.  It was probably the best money we've ever spent.  Buddy has turned out to be the most wonderful dog in the world. He has protected our home and our children, has signaled when our babies were about to come, helped several children get over their dog phobia's and been the best friend any child could ask for. He's won the hearts of almost everyone who's known him.  
Sadly, he contracted Heartworm Disease, Limes Disease and something else. He has not been himself for weeks and last night he started vomiting blood. So I got to take all 3 kids with me to the vet for an hour and then we had to make a decision as a family last night.  Poor little Bryson is heart broken and cried the entire night. The kids got to have a slumber party with Buddy last night and we took him on a quick walk this morning.  We put him down this afternoon and he will be dearly missed. It is a sad day when you lose a such a beloved family member.
Poor Bryson said: "This is just like Marley and Me!"
Not good that they just watched that and Benji within the last few weeks.
Thank goodness we still have the retarded puppy to keep them occupied, though I'm afraid "Madgy" will miss Buddy just as much as anyone.

3 comments:

Amy said...

He was such a good dog! We'll miss him too. It is losing a family member. Yeah, MAx will never take good ole Buddy's place.

smithsonthemove said...

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to loose a pet. It is even harder on the kids. Give them hugs from us!

Kimmy said...

Kim that is so heart breaking! I am so sorry. I hope that the kids will always remember how special their last night with Buddy was. It's so hard to loose a pet!