I made a goal to get out of the house and do something big with the kids every day this summer to stave off boredom. We have soooo many outdoor recreation things here in Reno and this was the first day in forever that we've had really good weather. So while Tan was at work we went for a hike. The last time I did this hike was when I was prego with Hud and I carried Brynn in the backpack and Bryson in my arms. No wonder its taken me 3 years to do it again. The kids were awesome and loved being at the top of the mountain. They have a new fascination with hiking and going on "adventures".
Our picnic lunch at the top of the mountain
At the end of the hike everyone, especially Maximus, was too hot to make it the river 25 yds away. We had to try out the irrigation canal first.
In their skivvies in the Truckee. I must say everyone slept very well last night.
2 comments:
Good for you for tking them all by yourelf. Brave too. Glad it was a better experience this time. looks like fun.
Holy crap! Is that a wiener dog? And you named him Maximus? Spencer loves wiener dogs and he had one growing up named Max! It's only a matter of time before our family will have a miniature wiener dog.
Post a Comment